Loughborough Students Lifesaving Clubis a friendly, mixed ability club with both Performance and Development Squads. We cater for all abilities, with members who have previously never heard of the sport, to athletes competing on the international stage. We have a strong social yet productive work ethic; work hard, party harder!
Lifesaving is such a unique sport, incorporating both swimming events and first aid scenarios. If you want to experience an exciting new sport, make friends for life and be part of the most successful lifesaving club in the UK, then this is the team for you!
Here are a few of our main achievements from previous Seasons:
- BULSCA Championships winners for 4 years in a row
- A & B League Winners 2018
- 3 members selected to represent England at the Commonwealth Festival of Lifesaving in South Africa
- 5 members selected for the GB Performance Squad
- 3 members representing GB at the German Cup
- 40 members qualifying for Nationals
- 20 University Records to our name
- Won ‘Most Sociable Club 2017’ at the Loughborough Athletic Union awards
Taster Sessions and Trials will be held after the Freshers’ Bazaar.
Monday 12:00 - 13:00 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim Training)
Monday 19:30 - 21:30 @ John Beckwith (First Aid)
Tuesday 12:00 - 13:00 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim Training)
Tuesday 19:30 - 21:30 @ Charnwood College Pool
Wednesday 11:00 - 12:00 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim Training, Longcourse)
Wednesday 18:30 - 20:30 @ University Swimming Pool
Thursday 12:00 - 13:00 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim Training)
Thursday 18:00 - 19:00 @ Netball Centre (Circuit Training)
Friday 18:00 - 19:00 @ John Beckwith (First Aid)
Friday 19:15 - 20:15 @ Charnwood College Pool (First Aid)
Sunday 10:30 - 12:00 @ University Swimming Pool (Swim Training)